Good Health Is Wealth

If I had the option to choice between wealth and health, I will choose health.

Many will agreed with me here. But certainly some will not.

Health is wealth indeed. With good health, one has a strong body in which to go for and make wealth.

It is with a sound healthy mind and body that one can brainstorm and create all the natural resources one can imagine.

With this thinking, we need a good healthy foods,that is well prepared to sustain the body.

Not only this, but vigorous to moderate exercise that induced breathing and blood flow to carry oxygen and dissolved food nutrients in the blood stream all over the body.

Good health is wealth indeed.

Miebakagh Fiberesima

Friday 31 July 2015

Eat Your Chop Of Medicine

http://greens4food.blogspot.com

I recently received a mail in my Gmail inbox from the Harvard Medical School.

I had subscribed for its daily/weekly news letter on good health, healthy living and other issues that border on personal health and well being like old age health, high blood pressure, and weight loss and weight gain.

I even had a subscription to my plate on some of the issues above. Good Health is Not Only For November But Every Month.

This time around, the email stressed the importance of the month of November as a health promoting month.

That is good in itself. I soon began to think more creative and critical.

Why November alone?

Why not every month, every week and daily? 

Yes, a person that learn to enjoy good health daily is on his/her way to it weekly and monthly too, right?

Good health can only be obtained by healthy living, by eating good and wholesome foods that are natural, by sound physical activities and an environment that is naturally friendly.

It include cultivating sound mental health like relaxation.

When I was a minor in my grammar school, I realized one of my general science or introduction technology teachers make a point on food and nutrition. I recalled he said that there was a reason we students were given a banana, an egg and some milks in our tea on certain days of the week for we hardly get these food items regularly in our homes during meal time in those days.

Again, in my university days, this question was bought up again and the point that, we should varied all differing type of foods, vegetables, fruits and nuts was vital.

He gave another instance of this and so on. Being carried with the teaching, I chanced to say that in such a case, it is good to prepare some foods to ward of a cold or fever. His remark, “doctor?” made me do well in all my biology, chemistry and physics subjects but I do not end up as a doctor.

I am just an Administrative Officer and very keen and interested in diet and nutrition.

I am always experimenting with various types of cooking for best results.

One class mate became a very good friend to me and we are still close as friends nearly after forty years.
He introduces some basic medical text books on health science to me which help me do more better in my biology lessons. 

As I browse through my text books, it became very to me clear that that the only way to treat one’s food is to chop it as a medicine or to prepare it with a view to derived maximum health benefit from it.

In this, a certain stage of good health is assured. I turn myself into a guinea pig to test this, and have been proven right in whatever meal I prepare for eating.

I am not a subject to regular ill health or a candidate for a health worker.

In reality, a doctor will be tired of seeing you sick, for he/she is not there for the money. He may treat you if you are sick. A good doctor will go beyond the treatment and advice you how to stay in good health.

Yes, I once had an Indian doctor advised me to kill a lizard and if I can identify its liver to soak it in warm boiled water for five minutes and eat it. 

I later realized, he was telling me to know that that part of the animal has much natural B-complex.
So, instead, I go for vegetable sources. I was at that time a mid-man senior in grammar school and doing well in my biology class.

 Diseases Of Refined Carbohydrates

Poor heath or ill health comes from wrong preparation of good food and eating this poor preparation.

For example, pure refined white sugar which is regularly used in tea and custard etc is a food of poor nutritional content.

Refined white flour for making biscuits, white bread and cakes are devoid of natural vitamin and mineral matters that promotes good health.Instead, “chemical additives” were “enriched” with them.

The same thing can be said of white rice, white bread and almost all convenience foods, whether pre-packed under the same situation.

But the merit of these white products is that they stay fresh and lasts for over a year. Brown and unrefined carbohydrates can spoil after six months. You should used them up within the time period. 

By regularly eating refined food products, you made yourself an easy prey to ill health and diseases. 
You easily get a cold, a fever, a headache, and so on.

For example, white flour products easily create a friendly cold environment in a person’s respiratory system. Cold virus can then  invade and strive in such an environment. A person then becomes prone to fever, cough, catarrh and nasal congestion and so on.

No certify medication has been noted to treat such cold issues. The only open source is home-made herbal remedy.

One of the most serious ill health caused by eating white sugar and white flour products is blood circulatory diseases like diabetes.

This can later result into heart interrelated illness like hypertension and stroke. Use refined sugar sparely or substitute it with brown sugar.

Brown sugar is a good nutrient naturally rich with mineral matters and vitamins. It promotes good health. Its B-complex is rich in antioxidants that destroy free radicals in the body. Another good thing in the vitamin is that it helps in the digestion of carbohydrates and all starchy foods.

However, it tends to be more costly than white sugar and it is worth the price. If you can afford a jar of coffee for just $20, there is a pack of brown sugar that goes for a mere $5 or less. Surely, you cannot buy it for so small a price?

The vitamin and minerals in brown sugar even regulated your blood pressure and keeps it normal. Brown flour and rice has all its vitamin and mineral intact before processing and promotes good meal and good health.

This is all the more reason you should try as much as you can to make your chop plate as natural as you can come November and all months.

 A Diabetes Patien 

Okay, let me give you a practical lesson I experienced while as a junior in my grammar school.
The school was on its usual break or holiday of three days and I and some of my school mates stay behind.

This particular time, we had plenty to take in meals beyond our regular rations. I nearly became a diabetes patient, via taking too much refined sugar.

 I had thought of sugar as an energy giving food. This time I take it to the extreme. White sugar is not only a sweeter to be used in teas, coffees and custards or in flour mix. It is a poison.

Regular little by little taking can cause diseases. In just a day, I had used up to fifteen cubes in my teas and other items to be sweetened.

I began to lose too much water from my body via, urine. I was dehydrating fast. The more water I drink, the more I urinated. I was much concern about my health as much as you are. I was lead to eat some unripe and semi ripe mangoes naturally, and the urination stopped.

That story, “How Green Mangoes Skin Control Diabetes Melitus” is published online on the HubPages web site.

You can read it by copying and paste the quote above into your browser.

To your good health!

Miebakagh57 (Miebakagh Fiberesima) Copyright 2014-2015.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let your comments be constructive enough to improved my blog.