A sound physical activity is part of good healthy living.
It means how you move your body like walking, running, taking a stroll, jogging and swimming.
It includes climbing a stair or playing a game of soccer, tennis or baseball.
All forms of sports and aerobics are sound physical activities.
It is tired along with nutrition. You can eat all the best foods rich in carbohydrates, fats and proteins, but good health may still evade you if you do not get active.
Why? Our body needs to be strong to digest and absorb these nutrients.
Activities like jogging, for example makes your blood flow all over your body and carried digested food nutrients along with it.
Nursing mothers massaging a baby arms, shoulders, legs, back tells you that the babe’s body need to be develop for sound health benefit.
Sound physical activity comes in various forms.
Whether you are handicap or not, you should have two or three physical activity to keep your body strong and vigorous.
How serious physical handicap you are is not a barrier. Just consult your physician for advice.
Your activity should be from moderated to vigorous or both.
The center for disease control has good advice for this.
Visit the link here http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
Copy and paste it into your internet browser.
For just only 30 minutes a day, less or more, you can build up a strong healthy body that is a negative to chronic diseases and other common ill health like the common cold.
It pays to be physical active regularly.
Remember that peoples who exercise or indulged in vigorous to moderate physical activities like swimming and jogging other than house hold chores like washing the car or chopping woods or climbing the stairs do not easily contact a cold virus or the cold.
In other words, an active body always resists a cold virus and symptoms.
It should not be a daily venture. Just two or three days in the week is all that it takes to do some of the activities.
This is not asking much. The best thing about this is that you can do any of the aerobic exercises at your convenience, even in your living room.
Exercises like press-ups and downs, pull and push, he jumping jack, the plank, etc builds your body muscles in a wonderful way. It even gives it a good tune up.
Just pick two or three days in the week for this. This should be a regular exercise if you have to get the best benefit from it.
That said, a baby lying on its back in a happy mood and kicking its legs and stretching its arms suggests the child is doing an activity to develop his/her body.
On close note, it is a style of swimming which the child use to turn here and there while in its mother’s womb.
Many will agree with this statement. Babes are fond of waters.
Schedule Your Exercise: For example, I schedule my exercise Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This is at my convenience and time. 10 -15 minutes is what it takes me indoors.
But I jog a mile on the last Saturday of the month.
You can begin with just only 10 minutes and this is not bad at all for beginning. It is much better if you maintain this 10 minutes regularly on the set days.
When I am not getting involved in doing the press-ups and downs, I swim in the river Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays even on a Tuesday.
I get the same benefits as if I am doing the press-ups and downs.
By swimming, you stretch your arms and kick your legs in the water to move. There is much gain to get in swimming.
Benefits Of Swimming
- Swimming regularly will improve coordination, balance and good posture.
- It will keep your heart rate up and takes off some stress of your body.
- Swimming tones the muscles.
- It coordinates fitness and endurance.
- Swimming is a all round body workout as all the muscles of the body are called into play.
Your body relaxed against the water that absorbed your tension.
Swimming is one of the best natural exercises like walking, jogging and running that build a strong and healthy body.
Begin to cultivate a habit to do some physical activities weekly, two or three times in the week.
Vigorous Physical Activities
This includes running/jogging, brisk walking, swimming and aerobic. Cycling, playing sports games like baseball, soccer, tennis and badminton benefits.
Dancing your time away is a good physical activity as seen in aerobic dancing.
In fact, any sporting activity that maintain blood circulation and breathing, keeps the body strong and healthy is good.
I do not recommend violent sports like kick boxing and wrestling that wounds, maim and kills; because not every person can take part in such an activity.
These are not real physical activities. They come under one word fight. You can take that in the moderate form and then build up your activity later, say in a week time.
Sound physical activities develop the major muscles of the body. The muscles of the leg, hip, back, abdomen and chest; shoulder and arm are affected positively.
The jumping lack, the press ups and downs and push and pull can make strong these muscles. This is not a body building task but a simple means to keep the body in good sharp, fit and healthy.
Jogging and running develops the thigh and leg muscles. Jogging regularly 30 minutes a day increases the heart beat and push your blood all over your body. This will carry much essential food nutrients all over the body.
You can increase your jogging time to 1 hour in the week.
Swimming in the open water and in a swimming pool will make your leg and arm muscles strong.
I am a good jogger and swimmer. It keeps me fit and alert. I jog in my living room if I cannot do it outside during a heavy thunderstorm and heavy rainfall.
Swimming in the open water is fine provided you live near a riverbank or sea side.
More Health Benefit
I will only sum up these briefly.
• It increases longevity. Jogging regularly will increase your life span by 15 years. This is a medical fact.
• You will feel much better about yourself.
• You get less worry or chance of getting depressed.
• You can relax well and sleep well.
• You will eat your meal well and it will be properly digested and absorbed.
• Your muscles and bones become strong.
• You get the chance to burn undesirable body fats and lose weight or tone your muscles.
• Less risk of heart diseases, high blood pressure and stroke.
• Physical activity of any form release tension in the mind and body, and promotes relaxation.
• You will think better and the saying a healthy mind in a healthy body becomes a reality in your life too.
• You stay youthful and energetic even into old age provide you doing it regularly.
• A single activity like swimming or the jumping jack alone will make the muscles of the arm, shoulder, chest, heart and hips, and legs strong.
Tips For Staying Active
• Do some gardening or go fishing by hulling net into the river.
• You can briskly walk up and down the football field or the neighborhood.
• Wash the car or clean the house. • Mend the broken furniture in the home if you can do it.
• Walk to work and back sometimes for the fun of staying healthy if the distance is less than a mile.
• Have something light to eat before any vigorous or moderate activity and rest for an hour before rushing into it.
I mentioned above that a nursing mother massage her baby’s body to tone it strong.
Do you recalled that while in school you are required to take an active role in scheduled exercise?
But now that we are grown up and have left school, most of us do not bother again about stretching and kicking like the horse.
But we will welcome a horseback ride to see the country side or for fun!
We turn on the TV and sat for hours to watch a show. We put a disc in the player and sat down for the streaming entertainment for hours!
We get inactive here.
We end up with one ailment or two; perhaps a stiff back or a tensed joint.
Plan an activity that tone your body muscles today.
Then, get to watch that streaming entertainment show.
To your good health!
Miebakagh57 (Miebakagh Fiberesima) Copy right 2014-2015