Good Health Is Wealth

If I had the option to choice between wealth and health, I will choose health.

Many will agreed with me here. But certainly some will not.

Health is wealth indeed. With good health, one has a strong body in which to go for and make wealth.

It is with a sound healthy mind and body that one can brainstorm and create all the natural resources one can imagine.

With this thinking, we need a good healthy foods,that is well prepared to sustain the body.

Not only this, but vigorous to moderate exercise that induced breathing and blood flow to carry oxygen and dissolved food nutrients in the blood stream all over the body.

Good health is wealth indeed.

Miebakagh Fiberesima

Friday 14 August 2015

Soups For Promoting Good Health Part1

http://greens4food.blogspot.com
A soup is any thin or thick liquid made with fish, meat, green leafy vegetables, herbs, spices, and with carbohydrates. Some soups have fresh tomato paste as its carb part. I cherish this with fresh or dried sardines.

The carbs provide the thick consistency in nearly most pots of soups. These can be any carbs from root vegetables-yams, cocoyams, potatos; seeds and pods like melon and okra.

Some even contained peanuts as a thick consistency. I like this as a soup stew to eat yams and plantains. It provided me with the much energy I ever need.

A soup is essentially a meal. It can be taken alone or enjoyed over a plate of rice or yam.

Soups contain all the food group listed-carbs, fats and oils, proteins, greens, herbs and spices. A soup is completed in itself as a meal. It needs no supplements. But it is nearly and always followed with a carb or a glass of wine or any drink.

As such, it contained all the factors that our body need for nourishment. That is why it should be prepared with much care.

Soups provide energy plus all that the body need for growing, and repair of worn out and repair of damaged tissues, cells and muscles.

A plate of nice delicious and nutritious soup is like a dope of medicine and can subdue fever, cough, cold or flu and hemorrhold or anal bleeding and can elevated good health.

Pepper Soups

As a boy and a young man, I regularly prepared green leafy pepper soup daily with dried fish. The greens usually come from basil or pumpkins. I do not take it with any meals because I just want to enjoy nature’s greens, vitality my body and contained my weigh.

You see any green leafy vegetable is very low in carbs. These will never make you put on a pond of weight.

Okay, let’s get to review a plate or two of soup.

A pepper soup is usually a thin broth. It can contain fish or meat, or both plus herbs and spices. Some adds a little green like mint, basil or any of their favorite greens.

The type of pepper you one wants depends on a factor or two.

Either, you want to savor it just like any ordinary meal. Or you want it as a dope to treat an ill-health.

Have you had an attack of a fever or cold? I do as a boy. Did grandmother recommend a soup when medication failed in time to relief you of the flu? Old wives remedies, via a plate of soup always work to gain back good health here.

I remember this as a boy of 11 years. I had a bout of high fever. Although I had my prescription from a good pharmacy, it failed or I’d say it needs a booster. The old women advise a warm plate of basil soup. I took the remedy and got better. This has since become a part of my kitchen pots. Whether I am sick or not, and I hardly get sick these days, I made a plate of basil soup for me, and if my family wants a share, all the best to them.

Let me say something here. I am a good jogger. I jog to keep fit. On my returns, guest what I had? A wonderful plate of basil pepper soup with sardines over oiled plantain. I use over two cups of the green here. Such a nice stuff for health promotion.

This plate is the main meal. But a fresh orange or two plus a stalk of sugar cane is for refreshment before the meal some thirty minutes later. You see I take a serious step here to replace my lost energy with the orange and sugar cane.

The rule is that energy lost is to be replaced in time.

Thick Soups

Again, if you are not in any wise sick, you can still enjoy a delicious plate of soup. I like it much with fish and meat.

 In Africa, they are many ethnic groups that cherish soups with a plate of carbohydrate meal.

Ground cassava or guinea corn made with boiling water is such a meal. Some use it with pound yams or plantain. In the case of the guinea corn, the grounded flour is cooked in a pot for over 10 to 15 minutes and this is eaten with the soup. It provided the much energy need for muscular work than a plate of rice meal with stew as a lunch or supper.

I like my thick soups with dried mullets, sardines and fresh cow meat. On certain occasions, I’d like to add some stock fish, especially a share or half a part of the head. The thicken ingredient here can be grounded melon seeds. This made the soup taste much better and nicer. Greens can come in any form with the exception of basil leaves because it does not impact any flavor in thick soup.
In a broth like this, okra or any other carb ingredient to thick the soup can replace melons.

Tilapia Kitchen

Tilapia spices were very common in making pepper soups. The thin types have a lot of soft bones and these provide health benefit for the human bones. These are easily chewed and are absorbed into the blood stream.

Tilapia is an excellent fish that develops and build a strong sturdy body like any other fish. The red variety has thickness of flesh more than the dark types. The red it seems has less bone than the black spices. Or their bones seem to be compact that it did not give any hassle during a meal. One can easily pick the flesh out.

Tilapia is mostly cooked with fresh red tomatoes, fresh chili pepper and basil leaves and eaten over a plate of rice.

In my place, small bars or public eating places made the soup for sale to hungry customers. The price depending on the variety can be princely. It was a joy over wine.

Tilapia is found mostly in African, Asia and the Biblical lands or Israel.

A plate of soup a day is dope of good health benefit for all your body system.

To Your good health!




Miebakagh57 (Miebakagh Fiberesima) Copyright 2015.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let your comments be constructive enough to improved my blog.